House Training A Puppy - Top Tips
Written by Adaptil, published on April 18, 2023
- Feed your puppy about three hours before bedtime, to allow time to digest and go to the toilet.
- Encourage your puppy to drink a few hours before bed too. Otherwise, they will likely need to go to the toilet during the night.
- Take your puppy out for toileting just before bedtime.
- Take them outside as soon as you get up in the morning, and as late as you can before you leave the house (if not too close).
- Be prepared to go out right after meals.
- Use a simple word when your puppy is doing what you expect in the correct place. Also reward with a treat or a toy when they have finished.
If accidents happen, remain calm, take your puppy out kindly to where they should go. Clean thoroughly the soiled area, not in the view of your puppy.
ADAPTIL Junior can help your puppy learn faster and grow into one confident dog!
Following our expert tips will help to ensure your bond with your dog goes from strength to strength.
Make sure to join our community for weekly advice from our dog behaviour experts as well as product offers and competitions.
Legal notice The information collected is intended for Ceva Santé Animale and the group in order to manage your requests. This information can be shared with service providers in order to organize their management. In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations, you have the right to access, rectify and limit the processing of your data. You can also, in certain cases, object to the processing, withdraw your consent and request the deletion and portability of your data. For any request in relation to your personal data, please visit this page.